Thank you for choosing Sally Drake Endurance Coaching to guide you through your triathlon goals and dreams.
Athletes are provided with workout details and log workout data and comments on Training Peaks software. Clients benefit from regular contact with coach Sally through Training Peaks, at organized group training sessions, and at regular one-on-one meetings. Coaching services range from frequent communication and data analysis with your coach, to a basic plan to follow with an invitation to group training.
- For athletes with a busy life, frequently changing schedule, aggressive goals, training with zones (power or heart rate) and/or those wanting more communication and regular feedback from Sally. This includes weekly data analysis, feedback on workouts, 2 meetings per month (phone or in person), and regular assessments on strength, swim, bike and run form/technique. Group training attendance is encouraged.
- This level of coaching is for those looking for a schedule and minimal guidance, monthly data analysis, a 1 hour monthly meeting with Sally. The Training Peaks schedule is built around the athlete's goals, time available, experience, and strengths/limiters. Guidance on training with zones (heart rate and power). Set up assessment on strength, bike, and run. Group training attendance is encouraged.
- A taste of coaching! Great for an athlete entering into the sport, or thinking about full custom coaching. The Training Peaks schedule is set without changes or adjustments. Limited communication (text/e-mail) after set up meeting. Group training attendance is encouraged.
More Training Options
Buddy Custom Coaching
A great option for friends with similar ability sharing the same training schedule. Pricing depends on the level of communication and goals.
Current Group Training Schedule:
Mondays at 5:30-6:30AM
Strength Training for Triathletes
Fitzmaurice Performance, 15623 Manchester Rd, Suite 140, Ellisville, MO 63011
- Included in fee for monthly coaching clients. $7/class for all others, $5 for triathlon club members -- any club is welcomed!
- Park behind the building. Meet in the gym inside the building’s back door. Introduce yourself and start warming up with stretching and/or foam rolling. Coach Sally discusses the workout and demonstrates each exercise before we break up into different areas of the gym.
- Towels are provided. Showers are available.
Mondays at 5:30-6:30PM
Gold’s Gym in Ellisville, 15890 Manchester Rd, Ellisville, MO 63011
- Included in Gold's membership.
- If you are not already a Gold’s member and would like to check this class out, go to http://www.goldsgym.com/ellisville/ and click Free Class Pass.
- SDEC offers a discounted Gold’s membership rate. Ask Sally or Jennifer for more info.
Tuesdays in season:
Innsbrook Open Water Swim
- 8:30 or 9:30am start at Lionshead Beach
- If you are an On Pace Triathlon Training Club member, you can access the resort by showing your member ID card at the main entrance. Then follow signs to Lionshead Beach or the Condos. Park along the grassy area. Bring a swim buoy or borrow one from Sally or Jennifer.
Big Chief Ride
- 5:45pm roll time
- Wildwood Middle School, 17401 Manchester Rd, Glencoe, MO 63038
- Free to all.
- Beth Sanborn from Lifetime Fitness coordinates this group ride. Learn more at the Facebook group “Life Time Cycle - West County” or ask Coach Sally or post your questions to the SDEC Facebook group.
Wednesdays at 5:30-6:30AM
Parkway West High School, 14653 Clayton Rd, Ballwin, MO 63011
- Park near the football field and walk down to the track. Introduce yourself and start your warm-up laps. Coach Sally leads us in drills and activation exercises before offering a workout idea. You can do what is in your Training Peaks or the suggested workout.
Fridays at 5:45-6:45AM
Riverchase, 990 Horan Dr, Fenton, MO 63026
- $6 per class at the front desk. No registration necessary.
- Go down the stairs to the locker rooms. If you’d like to secure your personal items, bring a lock.
- In season, meet at the outdoor lap pool.
- Bring a towel. If you have fins, pull buoy, etc, bring them. However, it is not necessary to buy these. Coach Sally has several available for Tri Swim.
Saturdays in season:
Open Water Swims
- Simpson Lake series put on by MSE Racing. See http://stlopenwater.com/swim-home for details. Only 2 dates remain this year!
- New Town Lake series put on by Big Shark. See http://bigshark.com/about/2017-big-shark-open-water-swim-series-pg1269.htm for details about this year’s now-completed event.
- Options announced weekly with a trail run focus coming this fall.
Sundays at 7AM
Swim Bike Run — Chesterfield, 14830 Clayton Rd, Chesterfield, MO 63017
- This is roll time. Arrive in enough time to gear up for ride.
- Short course is about 30 miles with the long being about 50. This is a no-drop ride. Introduce yourself and feel free to ask questions and discuss your plans/goals for the ride. Road and
tri bikes only as this is open road riding.
Weekend training plans are fluid as clients with similar training schedules will buddy up to complete their workouts. This may include open water swims, bike rides, brick workouts, and/or trail runs!
Swim Skill and Form Session
$50 / 30 minutes
Includes a follow up e-mail with drills and cues to help you progress between sessions with Coach Sally.
Swim Stroke Video and Analysis
$50 / 30 minutes
Video on top and under the water to effectively analyze limiters. Sally will offer drills and cues to help eliminate these limiters and focus on endurance, speed and power.
For a specific race distance and ability level. This is a general plan to follow with a start up phone consultation.
For athletes looking for a plan that is designed around their schedule, time available, ability and preference. The training schedule is built around specific races and an annual training plan that Sally will help with. Different levels available depending on the level of communication needed and nature of the athlete's goals.